Freida Pinto to host pre-Oscar party to promote girl child education
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
Freida Pinto, 'Slumdog Millionaire' star, will host a special pre-Oscar party where she will promote the issue of girl child education.
A week-long celebration leading up to the Academy Awards by Vanity Fair magazine is one of the most attended and sought after celebratory events and the 28-year-old beauty is the first Indian origin actress to host the event.
"When Vanity Fair approached Freida Pinto to co-host the pre Oscar party with them she was more than happy to align with them and bring more attention to the 10X10 Girl Rising initiative. She has always felt committed to this cause and wouldn't miss out on this opportunity," her spokesperson said in a statement.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow