French maid is Brits' number one fantasy
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
People in the UK bought more than 8,500 French maid outfits last year - making the sexy servant their number one fantasy.
Inspired by stars like Elizabeth Hurley and Jennifer Aniston, who have donned the costume on film and TV, it accounts for more than a third of all erotic outfits to have sold in the UK, the Sun reported.
The statistic comes courtesy of leading sex toy seller Lovehoney.co.uk that has released its top-ten selling costumes of 2012.
The naughty Nurse, the schoolgirl, the sexy secretary and the policewoman complete the top five.
Lovehoney boss Matt Curry credits the success of period drama 'Downton Abbey' with an increase in costume sales.
Top ten erotic outfits are:
1. French maid
2. Naughty nurse
4. Sexy secretary
6. Air stewardess
7. Sexy sailor
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'