Friend among five held for ‘gangrape’ of minor
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians bowl, Sachin Tendulkar misses out
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
A minor girl was allegedly gangraped by three men, including her friend, near Subedarganj railway station in Khuldabad area of the city on Wednesday. Police arrested five persons on Thursday, and said that the victim had identified the accused.
Those arrested have been identified as Arif (21), who was detained on Wednesday, Bablu, Pappu, Vidya and Sandeep. Bablu, a father of four children, and Pappu, both aged around 25, were allegedly involved in the rape. Vidya and Sandeep, in their mid-30s, have been charged with criminal conspiracy. All four are residents of Rajrooppur Pachhiyaha in Khuldabad area.
Senior Superintendent of Police (Allahabad) Mohit Agrawal, said: "The proceedings under the National Security Act will be invoked against those accused of rape. Strict action will be taken against the other two also, who had connived with the other accused."
According to the police, the girl had left her house in Khuldabad late on Wednesday afternoon on the pretext of meeting her friend in Rajrooppur. On the way she met Arif, also a Rajrooppur resident, with whom had been friendly for the past one month. Instead of taking her to the friend's house, Arif took her to a secluded place near Subedarganj railway station, where he allegedly raped her.
The police said that at least four persons — Bablu, Pappu, Vidya and Sandeep — had begun trailing Arif. "After keeping an eye on the couple for some time, all four went to them and began beating up Arif. Vidya and Sandeep caught him and handed him to the RPF police post at Subedarganj railway station. Bablu and Pappu, who stayed behind, took turns to rape the girl," said Circle Officer (Kotwali), Samar Bahadur Singh. Four of the five accused, barring Arif, knew each other, he added.
A police spokesperson said: "Sandeep and Vidya had only informed the personnel at the RPF post that Arif was misbehaving with a woman. They did not tell the police about the presence of the other two men at the spot. They also returned to the spot perhaps with the intention of raping the girl." However, by them, the other two had fled. The girl was making her way home when passersby saw her and took her to Khuldabad police station. A case was subsequently registered.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations