- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
The lead characters of the three friends Govind, Ishan and Omi, with the mix of their contrasting human qualities, remain true to the book. Yadav plays Govind Patel, an ordinary Gujarati guy, who wants to set up his own business. Rajput plays Ishan, the 23-year-old who dreams of becoming a professional cricketer. The trio is completed by Sadh's Omi, son of a Hindu priest who goes for local bodybuilding sessions and is perhaps the most loyal of the three friends. The only romantic angle of the story is between Govind and Ishan's sister Vidya, played by Amrita Puri.
Title and music
Abhishek found the title that would capture the spirit of the film in the land it is set in, Gujarat. Kai Po Che, is the victory call in the region's kite-flying competitions. "I knew many people would not understand it, but its phonetic energy felt like something that would have a lasting effect on the audience's mind," he says.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations