- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
The lead characters of the three friends — Govind, Ishan and Omi — remain true to the book. Yadav plays Govind Patel, an ordinary Gujarati guy who wants to set up his own business. Rajput plays Ishan, the 23-year-old who dreams of becoming a professional cricketer. The trio is completed by Omi — played by Sadh — the son of a Hindu priest who goes for local bodybuilding sessions and is perhaps the most loyal of the three friends. The only romantic angle of the story is between Govind and Ishan's sister, Vidya, played by Amrita Puri.
Title and music
Abhishek found the title that would capture the spirit of the film in the land it is set in — Gujarat. "Kai Po Che" is the victory call in the region's kite-flying competitions. "I knew many people would not understand it, but its phonetic energy felt like something that would have a lasting effect on the audience's mind," he says.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'