Chronology: From 26/11 to Ajmal Kasab hanging
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians bowl, Sachin Tendulkar misses out
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
Nearly four years after the 26/11 Mumbai carnage, Pakistani terrorist Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab was today hanged in Yerawada Jail here. Following is the chronology of events leading to his hanging:
Nov 26, 2008: Kasab and 9 terrorists launch commando raid in Mumbai.
Nov 27, 2008: At 1.30 AM, Kasab caught and placed under arrest, admitted to Nair Hospital.
Nov 29, 2008: All places under siege secured, 9 terrorists killed.
Nov 30, 2008: Kasab confesses before police.
Dec 27/28, 2008: Identification parade held.
Jan 13, 2009: M L Tahaliyani appointed 26/11 judge.
Jan 16, 2009: Arthur Road Jail selected for Kasab's trial.
Feb 5, 2009: Kasab's DNA samples match with articles found in Kuber.
Feb 20/21, 2009: Kasab makes confession before magistrate.
Feb 22, 2009: Ujjwal Nikam appointed Special Public Prosecutor.
Feb 25, 2009: Charge sheet against Kasab, two others filed in court.
Apr 1, 2009: Anjali Waghmare appointed Kasab's lawyer.
Apr 15, 2009: Anjali Waghmare removed as Kasab's lawyer.
Apr 16, 2009: Abbas Kazmi appointed as Kasab's lawyer.
Apr 17, 2009: Kasab's confession opened in court, he retracts.
Apr 20, 2009: Prosecution charges Kasab on 312 counts.
Apr 29, 2009: Kasab is major: experts' opinion.
May 6, 2009: Charges framed, Kasab charged on 86 counts, but denies charges.
May 8, 2009: First eyewitness deposes, identifies Kasab.
June 23, 2009: Non-bailable warrants issued against 22 including Hafeez Saeed, Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi.
Nov 30, 2009: Abbas Kazmi removed as Kasab's lawyer.
Dec 1, 2009: K P Pawar takes place of Kazmi.
Dec 16, 2009: Prosecution completes its case in 26/11.
Dec 18, 2009: Kasab denies all charges.
March 31, 2010: Arguments in the case end. Special Judge M L Tahaliyani reserves judgement for May 3, 2010.
May 3, 2010: Kasab convicted, Sabauddin Ahmed and Faheem Ansari acquitted of all charges.
May 6, 2010: Kasab was sentenced to death by the trial court.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations