From next week, apply online for job sop
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
The applicants of unemployment allowance in the state can now fill online application forms. The online process is expected to clear the applications faster besides cutting down the chances of errors.
The state government's decision to reduce the lower age limit for applicants of the scheme — from 30 to 25 years — has resulted in two-fold increase in the number of applications.
The unemployment allowance, a pre-poll promise, was one of the first decisions taken by the Akhilesh government after coming to power. According to the same, an unemployed youth between the age of 25 years and 40 years will get an allowance of Rs 1,000 per month.
"The process of making the application form online for the unemployment allowance should be completed by next week," said Shailesh Krishna, Principal Secretary, Labour.
As of now, the forms are filled manually by the applicants. They are then fed into computers before being processed for sanctioning, leading to a delay of at least a month before being sanctioned or rejected.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'