From Rs 2 lakh, city boy steers his CV company to Rs 2-cr turnover
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings
- Just in: Pune Warriors withdraw from the Indian Premier League
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
A first-generation entrepreneur, Johar started from an incubation centre developed by the Punjab government in Mohali and the company he is steering as Chief Executive Officer has nearly 400 clients.
But building the company has not been an easy task. An engineer by background, Johar likes to be dubbed company 'salesman'. "It is tough and sometimes gets really tiring. In the last one year I have been travelling for some eight months. You need to live on junk food in hotels, you put on weight. But if you have to sell, you have to put up with all this," he said.
Johar was working in some companies in different parts of the country before the entrepreneurial streak in him showed. "I started from scratch. I invested not more than Rs 2 lakh to start with. It was a plug-and-play kind of set-up in Mohali and after we moved into the office accommodation provided to us by the government we didn't look back," he said.
With an employee strength of 28 people, Johar said "as of now, based on our clientele, we are among the top five resume filing companies in the world, but we want to crash the barrier and reach the coveted number one position".
Next on the mind of this young entrepreneur is to develop multiple language versions of his software product which is also named as Rchilli and to sell the software as a service (SAS) to charge clients on pay-per-use mode. "That is something which is going to drive the growth. Until now we had the product, Rchilli, that was priced to the large companies, but we want companies to only pay for the time for which they use the software. It will be a big leap for us," he said.
"We make the job of companies easier for recruitment. Not only does our software processes those resumes to the companies which are matched as per the job requirement, but even the applicants don't have to tire much on Internet to write the resume. The software adjusts the entries in a neat order and candidates get quick updates about the status of job application," he said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held