From the BJP podium in Delhi, 'saffron superman' Narendra Modi lays bedrock for PMship
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
"The whole nation has been called together only for taking the nation 0.3 per cent forward," he rued.
Claiming that Gujarat was moving forward at more than 11 per cent growth rate, Modi said, "there is a lot of mismatch" in the country.
Promising to steer Gujarat to further progress, Modi promised to take the state forward to a level comparable with China. "If China can show its strength in the manufacturing sector, why can't Gujarat do it," he said.
With over 65 per cent of the nation comprising of the youth, he lamented that the country's leadership for failing to involve them in the growth of the nation.
He also slammed the government for not coming out with biannual performance reports on the 20-Point programme after none of the Congress or UPA-ruled states emerged among the top five performing states and said Gujarat has been on top with stellar performance.
"It is difficult to expect or hope anything from the (Central) government," he said.
Thanking his party and workers for the support extended to him in ensuring his victory in three consecutive elections, he told partymen that "there is no alternative to hard work".
Gujarat Chief Minister addresses party workers at BJP headquarters at 11, Ashoka Road, New Delhi:
* I had never imagined that I would get the respect that you have given me at BJP headquarters in Delhi today: Narendra Modi
* Invites BJP workers to come to Gujarat and see the model of administration. Help me make it better, says Modi
* I have fulfilled all responsibilities given to me by my party, says Narendra Modi
* The central leadership has no plan to take the country forward, says Narendra Modi
* There is a huge mismatch between central leadership and Gujarat, one is sliding down, the other won't come down: Modi
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations