Fruit vendor found murdered, cops suspect acquaintance
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
A fruit vendor has been brutally murdered with his assailants disfiguring his face to conceal his identity. His body was found at a park in Model Town on Saturday. Police, however, identified the deceased as Joginder Pal (50) of Pritam Nagar and added that he sold fruits near the post office. He had been reported missing on Friday.
The body was sent to the civil hospital for an autopsy. The Model Town police have registered a case against unknown killers. The murderers also looted him, police said. Suspecting the involvement of an acquaintance in the murder, police have initiated investigations and have recovered stones soaked with blood from the spot. People who came for a walk in the park in morning sounded the police after seeing the blood soaked body.
"A plastic rope was found wrapped around the throat of the deceased and his face was almost crushed with the stones," said Davinder Chowdhary, SHO, Model Town police station.
Vinay, nephew of the victim, confirmed the deceased as his maternal uncle. Vinay has told to the police that his uncle was missing since Friday evening.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held