Fugitive Home Guard held, stolen bike seized
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
The anti-narcotic and anti-illicit liquor smuggling wing of Ludhiana police commissionerate has arrested a man and recovered a stolen motorcycle from his possession. The accused has been identified as Jinkan alias Ram Avtar (38) of Jujhar Nagar of Ludhiana.
The accused was with the Home Guard department and was deputed at the railway station. He was found guilty of looting passengers by giving them eatables laced with sedatives in 2007. The police have registered a case against him and arrested him. The Home Guard department had dismissed him from service.
According to Sub-Inspector Harbans Singh, incharge of anti-narcotic and anti-illicit liquor smuggling wing, the police arrested him from Cheema Chowk on Sunday following a tip-off and recovered a stolen motorcycle from his possession.
Another case has been registered against him at police station, division no. 6, in this context.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'