- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
DIRECTOR: David Koepp
CAST: Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Michael Shannon, Dania Ramirez
There's a truth about cycling that anybody who has ever ridden a bicycle knows. It's the easiest to cycle when you are at speed than when it is a crawl. Premium Rush, about the daredevil New York "bike messengers", fits the same mould — smoothest at full rush, and wobbly every time it slows down.
That is, when you are not cringing at all the death zones that the bikers are dodging, zipping in and out of NY traffic at breakneck speed, which Koepp isn't shy of showing in graphic replays. Broken bones are literally shrugged off.
Still, it is interesting to see the proficient Gordon-Levitt pull off a road chase involving a bike and a car, and a bike and a bike in equal measure.
That's more than you can say about the script that involves goons in Chinatown, a Chinese woman and her son back home, hawala transactions (yes, they have made it to Hollywood) and an article on Tibet that's at the centre of it all. SL
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet