Function to be held in remembrance of Amrita tomorrow
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Many organisations and individuals are coming together to remember Amrita Chaudhry at a function to be held at Guru Nanak Dev Bhawan on November 3 at 2 pm. Among others to pay tributes to the deceased journalist will be celebrated poet Surjit Patar, eminent exponent of Gurmat Sangeet Bhai Baldeep Singh and renowned painter Sidharth. A Principal Correspondent with The Indian Express, Chaudhry had died in a road accident on October 22.
Balram, a long-time friend and one of the organisers of the event, said besides being a remembrance function, the occasion would be marked by the announcement of a programme to perpetuate her memory. This includes working on causes dear to her and help establish an institute for special children on which she was already working.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM