Fund crunch put vital police projects on hold
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Another source said, "It also means that all major projects for this Five Year Plan will be taken up only in the 13th Plan. This will delay development a great deal. The government is also asking all departments to reduce the number of schemes due to shortage of funds."
The Delhi Police wanted Rs 606.21 crore for modernisation of traffic and communication network, but only Rs 282.03 crore was sanctioned. It wanted Rs 2,401.48 crore for its building programme, but was given Rs 1,117.25 crore. The project for induction of latest technology and capacity building needs Rs 28.09 crore, but got only Rs 13.07 crore. The police had asked for Rs 992.58 crore for its housing scheme, but was granted just Rs 461.13 crore.
The slashed budget is expected to affect all security forces under the MHA.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held