Future is Bright
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- Indian American teen Eesha Khare invents wondrous 20-sec charger, Google eyes bid
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
On February 14, Indian designer duo Hemant Sagar and Didier Lecoanet will unveil Luminocity, a special line created for Bonjour India 2013, a festival of arts reflecting the friendship between India and France. The collection will be showcased as a fashion installation with real light sculptures and projections at Jantar Mantar in Delhi.
The grounds of Jantar Mantar and the beauty of the satellites have been major sources of inspiration for the collection. Lending it a magical feel of astronomy and outer space, the pieces reflect iconic Indian imagery from daily life, mythology, arts, culture and heritage projected into the future.
The line comprises eight main outfits that are complemented by 12 small ones to depict satellites orbiting one another. Created with translucent synthetic fabrics, the pieces depict the feel of sculptures. The collection, assure the designer duo, will be different from anything showcased earlier.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled six balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held