G T Hospital staffer held for molesting woman
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
A 57-year-old ward boy at G T Hospital was on Saturday arrested for allegedly molesting a 20-year-old woman, police said.
Mohan Dhamale, employed at the hospital for nearly 30 years, allegedly molested the woman in a deserted portion of the hospital premises around 7.15 am, when his superiors were not around.
The victim registered a complaint at Azad Maidan police station. Dhamale, who lives in Santacruz West and has two daughters, was arrested and remanded in judicial custody till February 24. "We have charged him under Section 354 (using criminal force to outrage a woman's modesty) of the Indian Penal Code and a probe is on," said sub-inspector Khanvilkar.
"Dhamale was to retire in three years. We have suspended him," said Dr T P Lasagne, Dean, J J Group of Hospitals.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM