Gadkari defiant, tries turning tables on Cong
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Ignoring the growing clamour from a section of the party for his resignation in the wake of the allegations of wrongdoings in a business enterprise linked to him, BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Wednesday remained defiant. He said he was not going to buckle down on the alleged attempt by the ruling Congress to "defame" him over which he has already dared the government to hold an inquiry.
"There is a loot in this country. The BJP has been exposing this government's corruption and scams. That is why there is an attempt to defame us," Gadkari said while addressing a rally against the government on issues of corruption, price rise and FDI in retail.
Aware of the perception that has gained strength against him after the controversy surrounding him became public, the BJP president assured supporters that he was clean and there was nothing for them to be hesitant in continuing with party's onslaught against the alleged corruption in the UPA regime.
"We are clean. There is no need to fear and we are ready to face any probe. I want to assure you that we have not done anything wrong," Gadkari said.
In his enthusiasm to dub the controversy surrounding him as the handiwork of the ruling Congress, which he alleged was misusing the CBI for political manipulations for the survival of the UPA government, the BJP president appeared suggesting that even the DMK leaders have been framed despite the fact that his own party had mounted pressure on the government for action against them.
"The Congress is misusing the CBI against Mayawati, Mulayam, Shibu Soren, DMK ministers, the NCP and other allies by threatening them with cases. False allegations have also been levelled against the BJP. The Congress says if you speak against us, we will destroy you. Whosoever wants to probe, can probe. We are not scared," Gadkari said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow