Gadkari issue continues to roil RSS
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Three time-frames are presently in circulation in the parivar for a decision on Gadkari: in December, when Gadkari's term ends, in January when he actually took charge or in February when the party's national council put its stamp of approval on his appointment three years ago.
The names of several leaders are being floated as Gadkari's replacement, including senior leader Shanta Kumar. The party vice-president and former chief minister of Himachal is seen to be "clean", though at 78, he may not make the perfect fit for a party desperately seeking to project dynamism as it goes into general elections in a little over a year.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet