Gadkari tells I-T officers: Who will protect you when BJP wins power?
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- Indian American teen Eesha Khare invents wondrous 20-sec charger, Google eyes bid
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
The former Maharashtra minister also ridiculed media houses as "dukaan" (shop). "One channel shows something and then everyone else follows. The bosses tell their reporters to go to Gadkari's house and bring some news. Not their (reporters') fault. It's their job to move around the whole day with the danduka (microphone) in their hands. Please don't target them," he said.
"I have never worked for any post or to become CM or PM. I will not accept any post unless I am acquitted of all charges," he said. "My future programme will be to provide 50,000 jobs to Vidarbha youth and Rs 1 crore for Vidarbha's farmers to ensure that no farmer commits suicide. Let's all work together without any divisions of caste, language and religion," he said.
Gadkari also touched upon national issues such as inflation and Shinde's "Hindu terror" allegations against the BJP and RSS. "They couldn't hang Afzal Guru and have the gumption to level such allegations against us. Instead of taking Pakistan on, they are trying to help it with such statements," he said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled six balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held