GADVASU invites applications for Chief Minister’s awards
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
The Guru Angad Dev Veterinary & Animal Sciences University (GADVASU) will confer the Chief Minister's Award in the field of dairy farming, poultry farming/fish farming as well as pig/goat farming.
The Directorate of Extension Education, GADVASU, Ludhiana, has invited applications from farmers undertaking different aspects of livestock farming by February 8.
Dr R S Sahota, Director Extension Education, GADVASU, said the awards had been funded by the Chief Minister to boost the livestock sector in the state and would consist of a cash prize as well as citation and a shawl.
There are separate awards for cow and buffalo farmers. The cash prize for buffalo and cows categories are Rs 21,000 each, for poultry/fisheries it is Rs 11,000, and for pig/goat farming it is Rs 5,100.
Application forms may be downloaded from university website www.gadvasu.in.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’