GADVASU invites applications for Chief Ministerís awards
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
The Guru Angad Dev Veterinary & Animal Sciences University (GADVASU) will confer the Chief Minister's Award in the field of dairy farming, poultry farming/fish farming as well as pig/goat farming.
The Directorate of Extension Education, GADVASU, Ludhiana, has invited applications from farmers undertaking different aspects of livestock farming by February 8.
Dr R S Sahota, Director Extension Education, GADVASU, said the awards had been funded by the Chief Minister to boost the livestock sector in the state and would consist of a cash prize as well as citation and a shawl.
There are separate awards for cow and buffalo farmers. The cash prize for buffalo and cows categories are Rs 21,000 each, for poultry/fisheries it is Rs 11,000, and for pig/goat farming it is Rs 5,100.
Application forms may be downloaded from university website www.gadvasu.in.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow