Gaga’s 'blood and semen' perfume outsells Beyonce and Madonna
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Lady Gaga's perfume 'Fame,' which features fragrance notes of blood and semen, has become the number one best-selling women's fragrance just a week after it hit the shelves.
Advanced fragrance technology means that the dramatic looking black liquid turns clear, as soon, as it is sprayed in the air, and the bottle is pure Gaga - black and gold featuring gilded monster claws.
This unique perfume concept has translated in to cash registers ringing for team Gaga, the 23.99-pound perfume has already sold more than both Beyonce and Madonna's fragrances did in their first week of launch.
"Lady Gaga is a true original and she has brought something completely new to the fragrance market," the Daily Mail quoted Superdrug beauty director Sara Wolverson, as saying.
"While initial reports promised slightly scary fragrance notes the actual perfume is sophisticated, floral, addictive, moreish and sexy which paired with the black liquid and dramatic styling is truly original.
"We knew Lady Gaga would be popular but have been astounded by the rush to be the first to buy the fragrance," she said.
In her perfume campaign, the 26-year-old singer is seen reclining with an arm behind her head, while holding the perfume in her other hand.
Scantily clad men - who have been shrunk to miniature size - are strategically placed over her body to cover her modesty.
"She is an artist that is never satisfied with the status quo - she always has this way of challenging everybody and trying to do something more, something different," Renato Semerari, president of Coty Beauty, said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow