Ganesh Festival: 25 offences registered since Sept 11
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
As many as 25 offences have been registered at different police stations since September 11 in the city. Of these, seven offences were registered against Ganesh mandals for playing loudspeakers without permission during the immersion procession.
Offences were also registered against Ganesh mandals for bursting crackers, playing dhols after the stipulated time. The offences were registered at Sangvi, Vimantal, Pimpri, Swargate, Sahakarnagar, Koregaon Park and Kondhwa police stations.
In Sahakarnagar area, workers of a Ganesh mandal were booked for burning a drum filled with fertilisers during the immersion procession on Sunday. An attempt to murder over a petty dispute was reported from Faraskhana police station on September 14. Some offences were registered for brawls and attacks by Ganesh mandal workers.
Two offences were registered against mandal activists at Sahakarnagar police station for forcibly demanding donations (vargani) from people on September 18. A case of assault on government officer by Ganesh mandal workers at Hadapsar was reported on Saturday.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow