Gang rape: Court slaps showcause on MLA, 7 others
- BCCI says it can't control bookies, promises to 'fix' guilty players
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
Rajula sessions court in Amreli district on Friday has served showcause notice to Dhari BJP MLA Mansukh Bhuva and seven others in response to a gang rape complaint lodged by a woman councillor of Dhari gram panchayat.
The notice has asked Bhuva to remain present in court on April 16 and explain why a rape case should not be registered against them.
In last December, the victim alleged that she was gang raped by Bhuva and seven others six months ago. She had also submitted an application to the police in this regard.
She moved court when police did not register an FIR based on her application.
The police then said her husband had filed two applications in this connection on December 5.
However, police said there were inconsistencies in the two applications.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet