Gang rape victim attempts suicide in court premises
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
A gang rape victim today attempted suicide by consuming a poisonous substance in the premises of metropolitan court here, alleging 'delay' in justice, police officials said.
After the complainant, who had come for a hearing in an alleged rape case of 2008, got to know that the next date in the case was fixed for February 8, she walked out of court room on fifth floor and consumed some poisonous substance saying "justice was being delayed," her lawyer Bharat Shah, who was an eyewitness, said.
The girl was rushed to hospital, police said.
The girl's lawyer said the court of metropolitan judge S V Parikh had fixed next date of hearing for March 18 in the case, but on his appeal it was changed to February 8.
The girl, who worked with a garment firm in Ambraiwadi here, had filed a complaint with police in 2008 alleging gang rape by the firm owner and his three accomplices in 2007, with the help of three women co-workers at the shop, he said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held