Gang war is back, one killed
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians bowl, Sachin Tendulkar misses out
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
Gang war resurfaced in the city once again when a 32-year-old man was murdered, allegedly by the members of a rival gang, in the early hours of Wednesday. A complaint of murder has been lodged with the Haveli police station.
Police said the victim, Dnyaneshwar Shivaji Jadhav was a resident of Telco Colony in Ambegaon Budruk and cousin of Datta Mane, president of Maratha Yodha group and prime accused in the murder of Baiju alias Pramod Baban Navghane (26) of Balajinagar.
Navghane was the gang leader of Ganraj group at Dhankwadi, which was the rival group to Mane's Maratha Yodha.
Police have attributed past disputes between the two groups as the reason behind the murder. Mane and his men had allegedly murdered Navghane during Navratra at Dhanwakdi on October 21 last year and further then on a rampage, damaging about 100 private vehicles parked on the road, causing panic and terror among locals, police added.
Datta Mane and his men including dreaded gangsters Bapu Nayar and Nilesh Baswant were arrested by the police in Navghane murder and booked them under the stringent Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA).
Police said the deceased, Jadhav, was providing legal help to Mane. So a group of youngsters decided to take revenge and conspired to kill Jadhav.
Police suspect that assailants kept a track of Jadhav's movements. Knowing Jadhav would be going home on his two-wheeler via Jambhulwadi Road in Datta Nagar, the assailants laid a trap near Sudhir Coldrinks on Jambhulwadi Road.
They held a rope on the two sides of road and pulled it when Jadhav reached the spot at around 5.30 am. Jadhav, who collapsed on the road was brutally attacked by the assailants with sharp weapons and wooden sticks, causing his death. The assailants then fled the spot, police said.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations