Braveheart Delhi gangrape victim in a desperate, but spirited fight for her life, say docs
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Lauding the girl's spirit, Athani said she has an immense fighting spirit as despite sustaining such grievous injuries, "she had been stable and remained almost alert and withstood to, apart from assault, the all exploratory interventions."
"She is a brave girl and withstanding right from the day of assault till today everything."
Asked if she was communicating, Athani said, "She is conscious but not able to speak as there is a tube inside for ventilation as she is on ventilator. She is able to communicate with gestures. We are not disturbing her again and again to communicate and we know that she is alert."
Doctors, who have been treating her, have termed her case as "extremely unusual and extremely rare" and said they have never seen such grave injuries to the intestine in cases of sexual assault.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet