Gangraped, woman reaches her home, sets herself on fire
- BCCI says it can't control bookies, promises to 'fix' guilty players
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
A 35-year-old woman committed suicide after she was allegedly gangraped in the neighbouring Raisen district, police said on Wednesday.
The woman was picked up by four persons near Bhopal in a jeep yesterday who later allegedly raped her in Badi forest area and then dumped her on the road, police said.
The victim, who was feeling dejected, somehow reached her village and later set herself on fire.
She sustained serious burn injuries and was rushed to Bhopal's Hamidia hospital where she succumbed to her injuries late last night, police said.
In her dying declaration, she blamed four persons for her plight but failed to identify them, Hoshangabad range IG Ajay Sharma said.
The woman told the police that she belonged to Kamtoun village and was returning home when she was forcefully taken away by four men who allegedly gangraped her.
A case has been registered against unidentified persons under relevant sections of the IPC and further investigations are on, police added.
Incidentally, in a similar incident, a 16-year-old girl had committed suicide after she was allegedly gangraped in Jind district of Haryana last week.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet