GCG-11 alumni meet tomorrow
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
One of the oldest and the most prestigious colleges of the city, GCG-11, is all set to celebrate its third annual alumni meet on December 16 in the college premises.
GCG-11 is known to have produced famous Bollywood celebrities like Kirron Kher and Poonam Dhillon. Kanwal Thakur Singh, a national level badminton player, has also been an alumna of this college.
In addition to this, GCG-11 has been the alma mater for senior advocates like Justice Sabina Singh, Justice Ritu Bahri and other celebrated journalists and educationists.
Speaking about the much-awaited event on the college's roster, Poonam Batth, vice president of GCG Alumni Aassociation remarked, "This is a chance for the ex-students of GCG-11 to meet their teachers, professors and classmates, and share the memories of the good old times."
This year's event will have a special place for music that has been especially compiled to play tracks from the 1950s to the present. Interestingly, some of those who studied in the college are now lecturers. The next principal, Anita Ojha, admits to the special bond she shares with the college.
Her mother was also a former principal of the college and now Ojha is readying for her turn. Like her, many former students of the college, including those settled in different parts of the globe, are expected to attend.
The credit for starting the alumni association of the college goes to Principal Achala Dogra.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow