GCW gets new name of GCG, students celebrate
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
The recent name change of Government College for Women to Government College for Girls was celebrated on the college campus on Tuesday.
During his last visit to the college three months back, Education Minister Sikander Singh Maluka had made an announcement in this regard.
Welcoming the change, Rekha Jindal, a student, said, "Now it actually feels good when you say the name because there is a lot of difference between a woman and a girl. When someone calls you a woman, you get that feeling of maturity whereas a student always wants to be referred to as a girl, not as a woman."
Shikha Kumari, another student, said, "I am happy that at last some minister actually implemented this change. It was being talked about for more than 20 years but finally it has happened now."
To mark the celebrations, a cultural programme was organised by students.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'