Geetika Sharma suicide case: Aruna Chadha's allegations baseless says brother
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Kanda, accused of driving her ex employee Geetika Sharma to suicide, is still missing. Kanda was last seen coming out of his Gurgaon residence on August 8.
Chaddha was arrested on August 8 after being called in for questioning by the police, while Kanda ignored police summons to him to appear before them after rejection of his request for more time made through his counsel.
Geetika Sharma (23), a former airhostess with Kanda''s MDLR Airline, had alleged in her suicide note that she was ending her life due to harassment by Kanda and MDLR official Chaddha. Kanda and Chaddha have, however, denied the allegations so far.
Delhi police raids Kanda office in Gurgaon
Delhi police today raided the office of the MDLR group here in connection with the alleged suicide of air-hostess Geetika Sharma.
The police team who took arrested MDLR employee Aruna Chaddha along with it seized various documents and scanned computers, sources said.
Accompanied by some women police officers, the Delhi police remained at the four-storey office building at the posh Sector 15 here for more than two hours.
Chaddha's two-day police remand had been extended by one day yesterday. She would be produced before the Judicial Magistrate again today.
Main accused and former Haryana Minister of State for Home Affairs Gopal Kanda still evades arrest.
Apparently depressed over continuous mental harassment allegedly by Kanda, 23-year-old Sharma took the extreme step at her Ashok Vihar residence in north-west Delhi.
In her suicide note, Sharma, who quit Kanda's company recently, accused the former minister of torturing her mentally after she left the job.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held