Geetika Sharma suicide: Nupur Mehta 'spills the beans' on Gopal Goyal Kanda
- BCCI says it can't control bookies, promises to 'fix' guilty players
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
About Kanda, Nupur said that he never misbehaved with her and they shared a professional relationship, police said.
Actor Nupur Mehta was questioned by a team of Delhi Police officers on Monday evening in connection with the Geetika Sharma suicide case.
The questioning, which lasted for over three hours, took place at the coffee shop of a hotel in Juhu, Mumbai, sources said.
A woman constable and a security officer had gone to Mumbai to record Nupur's statement.
Nupur was asked to throw light on the involvement and relationship of three persons - Aruna Chadda, Gopal Goyal Kanda and Ankita.
Nupur, who recruited Geetika Sharma for MDLR, plays an important role in the investigation of the case, police said.
Nupur reportedly told police that at the time of Geetika's recruitment, she was 17 years old.
As she was underage, Nupur had turned down her application. But Kanda, who was watching the CCTV footage of the interview asked her to recruit Geetika, despite her being underage, police said.
Sources also said another girl, whose application was also turned down as she had burn injuries on her hand - a condition frowned upon in this profession — was also recruited at Kanda's behest.
When questioned about her relationship with Ankita, Nupur reportedly told them that Ankita was initially very close to her and that Ankita often discussed her personal problems with her, police said.
Police said Nupur was also questioned about the night when Geetika had a fight with her and Ankita. The next day, Geetika had lodged an FIR against the duo. Ankita reportedly wanted to check Geetika's passport, and when Geetika resisted, they ended up in a fight, Nupur reportedly said.
Nupur was also questioned about Aruna Chaddha's role at MDLR, to which she reportedly said Chaddha used to "brainwash fresh recruits".
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet