Geetika's mother suicide: Police file charges against Gopal Kanda, Aruna Chaddha
- BCCI says it can't control bookies, promises to 'fix' guilty players
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
A day after Geetika Sharma's mother committed suicide, Delhi Police today slapped charges of abetment to suicide against former Haryana Minister Gopal Kanda and his aide Aruna Chhadha after their names figured in her suicide note.
Anuradha Sharma, the mother of former airhostess Geetika Sharma who ended her life blaming Kanda, was found hanging from a ceiling fan in her house in Ashok Vihar area last evening.
Police registered a case and booked Kanda and Chhadha, already in judicial custody in the Geetika Sharma murder case, under Section 306 (abetment of suicide).
"The suicide note names Kanda and Chhadha. They have booked for abetment of suicide. Investigations are on in this case," a senior police official said.
In her suicide note, Anuradha said she was under depression ever since her daughter's death and blamed Kanda and his aide Aruna Chaddha for Geetika's death.
The official said Anuradga had also written a personal letter to her son Ankit Sharma explaining the reasons why she took the extreme step of ending her life. She also asked him to be strong.
He also said the family has not yet told police about any pressure being exerted by Kanda's family on them to withdraw their case against him.
Quoting family members, police sources said Anuradha was under depression and her family members never left her alone since Geetika's death. "They kept a close watch of her inside the house," police said.
The sources also said Ankit had called his mother for lunch yesterday but she refused and told him that they can meet at home in the evening.
However, she came home early from office and ended her life.
Geetika committed suicide in August last year alleging harassment by Kanda, who is currently in jail in connection with the case.
The 23-year-old airhostess, who was employed with the now defunct MDLR Airlines owned by Kanda, was found dead on August 5 last year at her Ashok Vihar residence in North West Delhi.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet