Geetika's mother suicide: Police file charges against Gopal Kanda, Aruna Chaddha
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Anuradha Sharma, the mother of former airhostess Geetika Sharma who ended her life blaming Kanda, was found hanging from a ceiling fan in her house in Ashok Vihar area last evening.
Police registered a case and booked Kanda and Chhadha, already in judicial custody in the Geetika Sharma murder case, under Section 306 (abetment of suicide).
"The suicide note names Kanda and Chhadha. They have booked for abetment of suicide. Investigations are on in this case," a senior police official said.
In her suicide note, Anuradha said she was under depression ever since her daughter's death and blamed Kanda and his aide Aruna Chaddha for Geetika's death.
The official said Anuradga had also written a personal letter to her son Ankit Sharma explaining the reasons why she took the extreme step of ending her life. She also asked him to be strong.
He also said the family has not yet told police about any pressure being exerted by Kanda's family on them to withdraw their case against him.
Quoting family members, police sources said Anuradha was under depression and her family members never left her alone since Geetika's death. "They kept a close watch of her inside the house," police said.
The sources also said Ankit had called his mother for lunch yesterday but she refused and told him that they can meet at home in the evening.
However, she came home early from office and ended her life.
Geetika committed suicide in August last year alleging harassment by Kanda, who is currently in jail in connection with the case.
The 23-year-old airhostess, who was employed with the now defunct MDLR Airlines owned by Kanda, was found dead on August 5 last year at her Ashok Vihar residence in North West Delhi.
During police probe, it had emerged that Geetika and her family were very well known to Kanda and his wife and both families had gone on tours and pilgrimage in the country.
Kanda had resigned as Haryana Minister of State for Home after he was booked in the case and was arrested a fortnight after Geetika committed suicide.
However, Kanda has been reiterating before the court that no case of abetting suicide is made out against him. He also said that Geetika was "hypersensitive".
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow