George Clooney to star in Brad Bird's Alien Movie '1952'?
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Hollywood star George Clooney is in talks to join '1952', which has 'Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol' director Brad Bird serving as the helmer.
Details of what character 51-year-old Clooney will play are still kept secret. The story centres on "a man who makes contact with aliens on Earth", a media report said.
The movie has tapped 'Prometheus' writer Damon Lindelof and 'Lost' co-creator Jeff Jensen. Lindelof will also serve as the producer.
As for Clooney, the Oscar-winning thespian has 'The Monuments Men' as his next project. He will not only star in it, but also direct and co-write the script alongside Grant Heslove.
Clooney has tapped a number of high-profile stars, such as Daniel Craig, Jean Dujardin, Bill Murray and Cate Blanchett among others, as the cast members.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet