Ghulam Ali to perform in city today
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
Pakistani ghazal singer Ghulam Ali will perform on Saturday for a charity concert Ek Ehsaas that aims to raise funds to provide nutritious meals for underprivileged children. Ghulam Ali and son Amir will be performing on Saturday at Mahalaxmi Lawns, Chandralok Garden at 7 pm.
The 72-year-old singer said it has been three decades that he last performed in Pune. "I am looking forward to the performance. Pune and Kolkata are the two places where classical music is taken very seriously." Discussing various topics, he said that neither poetry, nor music knows any borders. He added that modern ghazals are very different but the quality of the writing is intact. Amir, who made his debut in Indian music scene over two years ago with the album Khair, said, "I want to come up with another album in India, where I'll collaborate with Abba-jaan and other Indian artistes."
It was in the early '80s that famous Pakistani ghazal singer of the Patiala gharana sang Maulana Hasrat Mohani's ghazal Chupke chupke raat din for the Pakistani radio.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations