Girl commits suicide after obscene MMS gets circulated
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
An 18-year-old girl committed suicide in Siliguri on Wednesday night, as her obscene pictures were circulated through MMS by a third-year student, with whom she was involved. Both are students of Siliguri Government Polythechnic College. No suicide note has been recovered.
The deceased, a second-year student, hanged herself from the ceiling of her room in her residence. The police have initiated a criminal case against the Anindya Garai, who is absconding. A resident of Sonamukhi in Bankura district, Anindya used to stay at a mess, said D P Singh, SP, Darjeeling. The girl often met Anindya at the mess, where he had been staying for the last few months. "Anindya took some obscene pictures of the girl. It is not clear whether he took the picture with her consent," said Singh. He circulated her picture through MMS and she came to know about it in September. Following this, the girl lodged a complaint with the Siliguri police station. Her family, however, alleged that the police did not take any action. The police suspect that Anindya was blackmailing the girl. After she committed suicide, her family lodged a fresh complaint with the police.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'