Girl commits suicide on being rebuked by parents for not going to school
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
A 12-year old girl, studying in class six of a school here, allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself from the ceiling after being rebuked by her parents for not going to school this morning.
Ruby, the eldest of the four children of Ramsevak, had been avoiding going to school at Tajganj locality for some days claiming she was suffering from stomach ache.
This morning, when her mother and father scolded her and told her to go to school, she went to an upstairs room saying she was going to get ready for school.
When she did not come down, the parents went up to see what was causing the delay.
They were shocked to see Ruby's body hanging from the ceiling with a loop made from the end of a saree around her neck.
Neighbours called the police but the girl¿s family was not willing to let a post mortem operation to be performed, the Tajganj police said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held