Girl commits suicide on being rebuked by parents for not going to school
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
A 12-year old girl, studying in class six of a school here, allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself from the ceiling after being rebuked by her parents for not going to school this morning.
Ruby, the eldest of the four children of Ramsevak, had been avoiding going to school at Tajganj locality for some days claiming she was suffering from stomach ache.
This morning, when her mother and father scolded her and told her to go to school, she went to an upstairs room saying she was going to get ready for school.
When she did not come down, the parents went up to see what was causing the delay.
They were shocked to see Ruby's body hanging from the ceiling with a loop made from the end of a saree around her neck.
Neighbours called the police but the girl¿s family was not willing to let a post mortem operation to be performed, the Tajganj police said.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'