Girl dies in celebratory firing, BSP leader booked
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
LUCKNOW: A six-year-old girl was killed in celebratory firing at a wedding in Khairighat area of Bahraich district allegedly by a local BSP leader in a drunken state on Monday night. Bahraich Additional SP (ASP) Vijay Yadav said a case of murder has been registered against the accused, but he is yet to be traced.
Men from the bride's and groom's sides entered in an altercation following the death of the girl, but the police pacified them.
Yadav said the incident took place at Pathakpurwa locality around 12.30 in the night when Pradeep Gautam, a BSP leader of Ramgaon area, fired with his licenced revolver while dancing in an inebriated state. A bullet hit six-year-old Urmila, who died on the spot.
The ASP said that Gautam escaped after the incident.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow