Girl dies in SUV crash, kin say she was raped, killed
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Body has been sent for autopsy. The report will clarify if she was sexually assaulted and the time and cause of death, police said
A 14-year-old girl, who went missing from her house in the Azadpur slums died in a car crash near ITO, Central Delhi, on Sunday. She had several injury marks on her body, while three others in the SUV were unscathed, police said.
Police said the cause of death appears to be an accident, but the girl's family alleged that she was kidnapped, raped and murdered by the three men. The incident was reported on Sunday afternoon.
An officer said the driver of the SUV was sent to a service station to repair a snag in the vehicle and on the way he allegedly called two friends for a ride.
"One of his friends knew the girl. He invited her to accompany them for a drive to Model Town. The girl agreed and they collected her on the way. She sat next to the friend on the rear seat," the officer said.
"The driver said he lost control of the vehicle as they reached Rajghat and the vehicle crashed into the railings. He told us that some objects from the SUV got loose on impact and pierced the girl's face. The left side of her face was severely injured. She was taken to hospital, but doctors declared her dead on arrival," the officer said.
"We informed the girl's family and sent the body for autopsy to ascertain if she was sexually assaulted. We will also know the time and cause of death from the post-mortem examination report," the police officer said.
Later, family members and neighbours of the girl gathered outside the IP Estate police station demanding action against the driver.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow