Girl drugged, filmed, gangraped by Trinamool student leader, others
A first-year student of Kazi Nazrul Islam Centenary Polytechnic College in Burdwan was allegedly drugged, stripped, filmed and gangraped in the students' union room on the college campus by fellow students on Wednesday.
The security guard of the college, Bhola Das, has been arrested while four students named by her are absconding.
Admitted in a local hospital earlier, the girl lodged an FIR with the Salanpur police station in Burdwan district on Friday, naming the five. Among them is Samyo Mandal, the general secretary of the college union, who is a member of the Trinamool Congress Chhatra Parishad (TMCP). Police have registered a case of gangrape.
Apart from Mandal, the girl has said fellow college student Abhi Ghosh and an "outsider", Mithilesh Ojha, raped her. Her complaint also names a girl student, Shobhana, and says Das helped them commit the crime.
The girl said she had gone to attend the birthday party of a friend in the union room when she was served a drink laced with sedatives. She says she fell unconscious soon after and was locked in the room. Later in the evening, the four accused students returned and allegedly gangraped her.
She said they had also made a video of her as she lay unconscious.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95 lakh on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry and paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow