Girl injured in ‘acid’ attack in Faridabad
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
A girl studying in class X received severe burn injuries when two persons threw 'acid' on her she was returning home from school. The incident took place in the Nangla Part I area of Faridabad on Monday afternoon.
According to sources, she is a student of a local school and was walking home with a friend when she was attacked.
Although the reason behind the attack is yet to be clarified, police said two men threw a liquid on her back and fled. The liquid had a burning effect on the girl's back and she fell. Some drops also hit the girl's friend and they began to shout. Hearing this, shopkeepers rushed to help the girls.
Sources said the shopkeepers poured water on them and called the police. Meanwhile, they were rushed to a private hospital after which they were referred to B K Hospital in Faridabad. Doctors said the girl received around 40 per cent burn injuries.
Sources said she had received burn injuries on the back of the head, neck and back. Faridabad police said although the girl is in a state of shock, she was recovering at the hospital. "The liquid, which might be acid, was thrown on her back. She did not receive any injuries on her face. We have lodged cases under relevant sections of IPC and are investigating the matter. The culprits will be nabbed soon," a Faridabad police spokesperson said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet