Girl raped by two at gunpoint in Bihar district
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
A 17-year-old girl was allegedly raped by two youths of her village at gunpoint in Samastipur. The accused were arrested. The police said the incident took place on Friday evening when the Plus Two student was returning to her Basudevpur village (under Kalyanpur police station) after taking tuition from Samastipur town at around 4.30 pm. The two village youths in their late 20s, both married, waylaid the girl, who was riding a bicycle,and detained her illegally throughout Friday night and raped her at gunpoint.
The girl managed to flee the spot on Saturday and went to Sadar sub-divisional police officer Rajesh Kumar, who asked Kalyanpur police to immediately register case of rape and illegal detention.
Sadar SDPO Rajesk Kumar said the police conducted medical test of the victim and also recorded her statement. The accused, identified as Sunil Kumar and Vijendra Kumar, were arrested after raids on Sunday.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet