Girl set ablaze for resisting rape attempt
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
A youth was arrested in Bulandshahr for allegedly setting ablaze a girl after she resisted his attempt to rape her, police said.
The incident took place in Chandora village under P S Chhatari when one Bhagirath (25) forcibly entered into the house of the 25-year old victim and tried to rape her.
Failing to rape the girl, Bhagirath poured kerosene on her and set her ablaze.
Bhagirath has been arrested while the victim has been hospitalised at Aligarh Medical College, Senior Superintendent of Police Gulab Singh said.
An FIR has been registered based on the complaint of the victim's father.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations