Girl stabbed by ex-boyfriend dies
- BCCI says it can't control bookies, promises to 'fix' guilty players
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
After battling for life for three days, a19-year-old girl who had been stabbed by her classmate and former boyfriend on their college campus died on Tuesday morning.
Payal Balsara had been rushed to Guru Nanak Hospital in Bandra on Saturday and put on ventilator support after Nikhil Bankar (22) stabbed her several times with a knife, before stabbing himself to death.
Bankar had accosted the girl and three of her friends on their way to the classroom on December 22 morning. Following an argument, Nikhil attacked Payal with a knife, stabbed himself 4-5 times and slashed his own throat, according to the police.
Both were rushed to the hospital where Nikhil was declared dead on arrival. Doctors had to perform repeat surgeries on Payal to prevent internal bleeding, and gangrene.
"For the past three days, our entire team was trying to save the girl. When she was brought in, her blood pressure was very low. So we had to operate on her to stabilise her. Two parts of her small intestine had to be removed and a part of her liver had to be repaired. Both her hands were also badly cut," said Dr Narendra Sharma, who is in charge of the ICU at Guru Nanak Hospital.
The doctors managed to stabilise her blood pressure but found that the girl's toes had turned black and gangrenous. "When we operated upon her for a second time, the infection had spread. Her body had become gangrenous and she died of septicemia on Tuesday morning," said Sharma.
According to police, Payal and Nikhil were students of Bachelors in Management Studies at Chetana college. They were in a relationship but Payal stopped talking to him after her parents opposed. Thereafter, Nikhil started stalking and troubling Payal.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet