Girl students hold principal, teachers hostage in West Bengal
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
A group of girl students, who had failed their exams, today held their teachers hostage seeking reversal of the decision, but later freed them after assurance of a review by the West Bengal education department.
About 29 girls of Rishi Aurobindo Balika Vidyalaya locked up the Principal and some teachers in the school since yesterday afternoon, upset over their exam results, police sources said.
At around 1:00 pm today, however, the teachers were allowed to go by the girl students after a representative from the Education Ministry promised a review.
"The students have let the teachers free on assurance from the Education Department that all the results of the failed students will be reviewed shortly," a police official said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held