Girl was absent on Jan 2: Bosco school
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Friend says girl and her mother forcing her to give statement against vice-principal
Don Bosco School, Yerawada, on Wednesday asked police to probe the genuineness of a complaint of attempt to rape and molestation made -gainst its vice-principal Egidius Falcao (61) by a 14-year-old girl student, after one of her friends claimed she is lying.
Don Bosco staff said the complainant was absent on the day the incident is alleged to have taken place. The complainant had stated that after freeing herself from Falcao who allegedly molested and attempted to rape her around 1 pm on January 2, she had narrated the incident to three of her friends, all students of the same school.
On Wednesday, a girl student, who according to the school is among these three friends, spoke to mediapersons on the issue. The girl said the complainant is lying and might have registered a false case against the Father (Falcao).
"The complainant and her mother are forcing me to give a statement against the Father. The complainant's mother is repeatedly calling me on phone insisting I help them," she said and added, "The Father is a good person. I do not feel he will molest anyone."
The school authorities said the complainant was absent from school on January 2. The school staff provided a copy of the attendance sheet showing that the complainant was absent that day. A teacher said the complainant was not good in studies and had been absent for a long time after Christmas vacation. "Father (Falcao) counselled her to focus more on studies. This might have angered her...," the teacher said.
The complainant had alleged that Falcao had asked her to meet him at his office after school on January 2. In his office, he allegedly closed the door, latched it and molested her. She tried to run away. But he allegedly stopped her and attempted to rape her.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’