Girl was absent on Jan 2: Bosco school
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Police have booked him under Sections 354, 376 and 511 of the Indian Penal Code.
Anton D'Souza, Father Parish priest of Don Bosco, said, "Police should probe whether the complainant is speaking the truth or not. She was absent on January 2. Let there be stern action if charges levelled by the girl are true."
According to the school, Falcao was appointed assistant Parish Priest and in-charge of Don Bosco's National Institute Open School (NIOS), Yerawada on April 14, 2012. The school said his conduct was good.
Parents of many students and Christian activists led by former corporator John Paul gathered at the school to support Falcao. Meanwhile, senior police officers said that various angles were cross-checked before Falcao was arrested.
When contacted, deputy commissioner of police (Zone IV) Manoj Patil promised a fair investigation. "School staff and students can always approach us if they have anything to say about the case," he said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet