Girlfriends responsible for accidents, says Raman Singh
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh believes that "nice girlfriends" and their biker boyfriends are responsible for road accidents. Speaking at a road-safety week programme at AIIMS in Raipur on Saturday, he also said that girls use "laal-peela dupatta" to cover their faces but avoid helmets.
"Achhi motorcycle, achha mobile aur teesra agar achhi girlfriends ho to accident hona hi hona hai. Ek haath se baat kiye ja raha hai, aur speed badhata ja raha hai. Jhagda hua to brake maarega aur takrayega... bande ko fir kuch hosh nahi rehta ( Nice bike, nice cellphone and especially if you have a nice girlfriend then accident is inevitable.... If there is a tiff (between the two), he would apply brakes and hit against something...The youth then cares for nothing)," Singh said. "Earlier we felt that bad roads were the cause of accidents, so we constructed good roads but I was surprised to know that the number of accidents went up," the CM added. He later said that sisters should gift helmets to their brothers.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow